FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

IP not getting added in the project

EbenezerMetrics
Beginner

We tried generating an example design of the IP(hbm) and added it to our project( i just added the .IP files to the design), but we get an error saying 

EbenezerMetrics_0-1621347915007.png

what should be done for a successful compile and simulation from this point on 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Way more details needed here.  Which device?  Which version of Quartus?  What flow have you followed?

If you're generating an example design for the HBM, it's a standalone Quartus project.  Did you test that before trying to integrate it into your design?  And how are you doing this integration?  Just adding .ip files to the project is not enough.

0 Kudos
EbenezerMetrics
Beginner

How do I integrate this IP into a project and how do I test it (an example design)? Is there any user manual available for that? These are some of the details of the project

set_global_assignment -name LAST_QUARTUS_VERSION "20.1.0 Pro Edition"

set_global_assignment -name PROJECT_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY output_files

set_global_assignment -name MIN_CORE_JUNCTION_TEMP 0

set_global_assignment -name MAX_CORE_JUNCTION_TEMP 100

set_global_assignment -name DEVICE 1SM21BHN1F53E1VG

set_global_assignment -name FAMILY "Stratix 10"

set_global_assignment -name ERROR_CHECK_FREQUENCY_DIVISOR 256

set_global_assignment -name EDA_SIMULATION_TOOL "ModelSim-Altera (Verilog)"

set_global_assignment -name EDA_OUTPUT_DATA_FORMAT "VERILOG HDL" -section_id eda_simulation

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Since this thread had been answered, we shall close this thread. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome to post a response within 15days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos