FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Intel FFT IP example design available ?

JET60200
New Contributor I

Helllo,

I works on Intel Arria10 EVM,  I really need an FFT IP example design for my A10 project?   I open my Quartus pro 19.2 (platform designer) , but fail to find where to generate an example design for FFT IP Core  ?  Pleade advise where to generate for my starter of FFT verification . 

BTW: I need to build a 4096-point FFT / IFFT project in our own board.  

Appreciate help~

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to Natural and Digit Reverse for the FFT output. At high level, when there is digit reverse at the FFT output, the sequence of the output samples will be re-arranged. The new sequence is determined by reversing each sample's index bits. For further information and better illustration, you can refer to the following link with examples and sample code:

https://www.mathworks.com/help/signal/ref/digitrevorder.html

Hopefully this is helpful. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JET60200
New Contributor I

@CheePin_C_Intel 

Hi CheePin,  nice to @ u, since I see you had answered several FFT IP related questions here. 

When checking FFT IP UG :  " 3.4.2.3. I/O Order " ,

Natural order
Digit Reverse
Order

I don't understand them very well, Can you give an explaination,  and any example of "Natural ordr” / " Digit reverse order " ?  I have some incorrect FFT output in A10 project, so I wantto understand where may introduce error.  

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to Natural and Digit Reverse for the FFT output. At high level, when there is digit reverse at the FFT output, the sequence of the output samples will be re-arranged. The new sequence is determined by reversing each sample's index bits. For further information and better illustration, you can refer to the following link with examples and sample code:

https://www.mathworks.com/help/signal/ref/digitrevorder.html

Hopefully this is helpful. Thank you.

0 Kudos
JET60200
New Contributor I

thanks @, 

we had addressed our issue, you can close the bug.  Thanks for kindly help./

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I notice that you have another inquiry related to FFT example design generation. As a workaround, you can try to generate a simulation example design for FFT IP in older Quartus standard edition ie Q17.0. You can configure your FFT IP and then click on Generate Example Design.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Glad that you have managed to resolve the issue. Thank you.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

I believe the initial inquiry has been addressed. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos