FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP

License problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi ! 

I am new at altera FPGA devices.I have a quartus 2 web edition.As I read from altera documents, after relasing the 8.1 version of quartus program,there is no license file for web edition quartus. 

When I try to compile verilog projects, I always see warning "parallel compilation is not liscensed and has been disabled " even if I try to compile very simple projects. 

Projects are compiled successfully and they work but I wonder whether it will be problem or not at my future projects. 

And I have Megafunction license and I try to load in Quarstus from tools - license setup but I can't work.Where do I make mistake when loading license file.There will be a problem because of using megafunction on web edition quartus. Do I have to buy other quartus types ? 

I try to check whether Qyartus 2 version suitable with PCI_t32 megafunction or not but It doesn't works anymore. 

If you help me about these problems,I will really appreciate it, Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi ! 

I am new at altera FPGA devices.I have a quartus 2 web edition.As I read from altera documents, after relasing the 8.1 version of quartus program,there is no license file for web edition quartus. 

When I try to compile verilog projects, I always see warning "parallel compilation is not liscensed and has been disabled " even if I try to compile very simple projects. 

Projects are compiled successfully and they work but I wonder whether it will be problem or not at my future projects. 

--- Quote End ---  

Licensed versions of Quartus can use more than 1 CPU core to speed up the compilation (a bit). This is just telling you it's only using one core. 

--- Quote Start ---  

And I have Megafunction license and I try to load in Quarstus from tools - license setup but I can't work.Where do I make mistake when loading license file.There will be a problem because of using megafunction on web edition quartus. Do I have to buy other quartus types ? 

--- Quote End ---  

No I don't think so, it should work with web versions OK. 

--- Quote Start ---  

I try to check whether Qyartus 2 version suitable with PCI_t32 megafunction or not but It doesn't works anymore. 

If you help me about these problems,I will really appreciate it, Thanks in advance 

--- Quote End ---  

Quartus should work with the PCI compiler OK. From what I remember if the license isn't set up correctly it'll produce a 

version that works as long as the USB blaster is still connected to the board. It should still build (and meet timing ?) 

OK. 

I don't think Qsys (the system on a chip tool) is compatible with the PCI compiler though. 

Nial.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you so much GZoinker , 

Do I load the license file correctly ? I load it from tools - license setup section and after loading license file ,when compile the project I see "Can't generate netlist output files because the file <file name> is an OpenCore Plus time-limited file" I think the license problem is seen as unsolved.Is there another way to solve that problem, I read installation and licensing manual but I couldn't solve maybe 

Addition to this,Altera says 

title 

[h=1]Error: Can't generate netlist output files because the file <file name> is an OpenCore Plus time-limited file[/h]description 

You may see this error when compiling your design using the Quartus® II software if your design contains one or more unlicensed cores operating in OpenCore Plus mode and you have enabled an EDA simulation tool in your Quartus II project. 

workaround / fix 

To avoid this error, disable the EDA simulation tool in your project by opening the settings dialog box from the Quartus II Assignments menu. Select the category eda tool settings and the subcategory simulation. On the simulationpage of the settings dialog box, change the tool name option to <none>

That means I can't simulate this IP core but &#305;t works without any problem.Am I right ?  

Also there is a warning and I can't understand what it says well 

Warning (265069): Megafunction that supports OpenCore Plus feature will stop functioning in 1 hour after device is programmed 

Do The following messages show that the pci_t32 will work fine ? 

Warning (12188): OpenCore Plus Hardware Evaluation feature is turned on for the following cores 

Warning (12190): ""PCI Compiler" (6AF7_0024)" will use the OpenCore Plus Hardware Evaluation feature 

Warning (265072): Messages from megafunction that supports OpenCore Plus feature 

Warning (265073): Messages from megafunction that supports OpenCore Plus feature pci_t32 

Warning (265074): The pci_t32 idsel will be disabled when the evaluation time expire 

Warning (265074): The pci_t32 memory bar hit will be disabled after time-out is reached 

I have write several programs with different FPGA but I have never used an IP Core before,So I really need help.Thanks in advance for your help,
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Do The following messages show that the pci_t32 will work fine ? 

Warning (12188): OpenCore Plus Hardware Evaluation feature is turned on for the following cores 

Warning (12190): ""PCI Compiler" (6AF7_0024)" will use the OpenCore Plus Hardware Evaluation feature 

--- Quote End ---  

No, that shows that Quartus doesn't recognise your license. 

When you link to the license file in Quartus -> Help -> License Setup (I think I don't have Quartus here) if 

it recognises and accepts the file it should list all the IP that's licensed in the window below. 

Nial.
0 Kudos