FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

NCO IP (altera_nco_ii) "failed to initialize device database" on Quartus Prime Pro 20.1

ls4
Beginner

I created an empty project for a Stratix 10 SX 1SX280HU1F50E2VG device using Quartus Prime Pro 20.1 on RHEL 6 host. I then created an NCO IP with settings that worked fine under my 19.1 project. When I attempt to generate HDL for this IP, the following error is reported:

Error: nco_ii_0: Problem getting the aliases for all known families com.altera.infrastructure.devices.DeviceDBException: Could not execute query: SELECT fam_alias.alias, fam.display_name FROM family_alias fam_alias JOIN family fam ON fam.id == fam_alias.family_id union all select name, display_name from family union all select display_name, display_name from family; com.altera.jdbcsqlite.Exception: no such table: family

See complete attached log. Any ideas how to fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kenny_Tan

Hi Paul,

The workaround at the moment would be the generate the IP in 19.4 and use the RTL generated in your 20.1 Quartus release.  

We are sorry to inform this. Currently, we are working on this and will file a kdb/documentation on this as well.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Hi Paul,

The workaround at the moment would be the generate the IP in 19.4 and use the RTL generated in your 20.1 Quartus release.  

We are sorry to inform this. Currently, we are working on this and will file a kdb/documentation on this as well.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ls4
Beginner

Kenny,

Thank you. I will give this a try.

Paul

0 Kudos
ls4
Beginner

I can confirm that my build completed using this workaround. I copied old synthesized files from 19.1 for this IP to the project before building.

0 Kudos