FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

OpenCores I2C in Software Build Tools for Eclipse

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

How do you go about getting the OpenCores I2C controller's header files automatically included in a BSP library? It automatically picks up the two modules which I have instantiated in the SOPC builder. 

However it does not include a driver name in the BSP Editor and thus does not import the necessary header files. 

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you might try to dig down into one of the Nios forums for a better response. 

i think you have to add the header manually to Eclipse since this is not an SOPC Builder/Nios HAL driver.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

you might try to dig down into one of the Nios forums for a better response. 

i think you have to add the header manually to Eclipse since this is not an SOPC Builder/Nios HAL driver. 

--- Quote End ---  

I think it is a SOPC Builder/Nios HAL driver - otherwise why would the unsupported Nios IDE be able to pull it in from the generated files? Maybe it was something fixed in SP2 but since it's taken so long to get things configured to work and the deadline is approaching I'm nervous to mess it up.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

the i2c core is from opencores.org?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

the i2c core is from opencores.org

--- Quote End ---  

Yes - although I can't seem to find the exact download again. It's a wishbone compatible one which I've just copied into altera/91/ip and it works fine with the SOPC builder and the old Nios IDE. When I try and create a BSP under the Eclipse based tools it won't add the drivers to the BSP automatically.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I think you should change some instance name in the sw.tcl file, then it will be OK
0 Kudos