FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

PCIe "Asynchronous Clock" design on A10 FPGA

JET60200
New Contributor I

Hi,

Is there any example design for PCIe HIP that uses asynchronous clock as pcie reference clock in A10 fpga ?

Generally PCIE HIP is required to use the 100 MHz reference clock from the Host PCI Express Connector, which is named as "synchronous clock".   If PCIe uses the 100Mhz on-board reference clock which is "asynchronous clock" system as I know.

On our A10 board, we need use that " 100Mhz on-board reference clock from GPS locked Oscillator " ,  where can we find the ref design example ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Do you mean to connect the refclk pin to internal FPGA generated clock? The input reference clock, refclk, must be stable and free-running at device powerup for a successful device configuration.

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos