FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Problem with DDR2 SDRAM Controller with Altmemphy

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have been working with Quartus 10.1sp1 web edition with cyclone III Development kit for 6 months now but some time ago the s/w stopped generating the .limited sof file if I used High Performance Arch II in the design which previously was working fine. It works only with HPC architecture in DDR2 SDRAM controller. I uninstalled and reinstalled many times but still the problem exsists. 

Does anyone have the same problem? I dont understand why this problem occured.Does anyone know about it? 

Thanks 

Sn
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What problem? The core doesn't generate .sof file at all or does generate, but not time limited?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Doesnt generate the.limited file.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So it doesn't generate any .sof file at all? 

Then check if You haven't disabled the .sof file generation if there ore time limited cores.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It modifies the .sof file but the same design which was worked before with .limited sof file doesnt work with .sof file.It is strange..Since I am using the free version it should create the .limited sof file which is not being generated

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am not sure, but after certain version of Quartus, the DDR2 controller hasn't been encoded to limited version, so now it is probably free, but You better create a SR concerning this question.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am not sure if I can create an SR because I am using 10.1sp1 and altera removed the support of all previous version of quartus.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No, the support still exists for 3 major versions of Quartus: 11.1, 11.0, 10.1

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok created I wait for reply

0 Kudos