FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

Problem with Triple-Speed Ethernet IP on QSys v15

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello,  

I recently bought a DE2-155 board for personal experiments. I have installe Quartus and QSys V15. Qsys contains Triple-Speed Ethernet IP V15.  

I tried to load some examples using this IP, but in all of them I have the same error:  

Error: de2_115_WEB_Qsys.tse_mac: Component triple_speed_ethernet 12.0 not found or could not be instantiated 

I have also tried, for example, with niosii-ethernet-standard example with the same result. Other IPs are updated successfully to their new versions, but this fails to do that.  

Any ideas on how to proceed? 

Thanks and regards,  

Antonio E. Martínez.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

From the error, it seems like the design might contain older version of Triple-Speed Ethernet IP ie v12.0. Just wonder if you encounter the same issue if you instantiate a fresh copy of Triple-Speed Ethernet IP v15.0?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I remember Triple-Speed Ethernet IP version 13.0 and later versions have different interface names. Probably, because of this, you cannot use the auto upgrade feature of Quartus II software. I think you need to add a Triple-Speed Ethernet IP v15 manually.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, the old TSE interface can only open by using version 13.0sp1 or prior version. For newer quartus II version, user has to instatiate the TSE new GUI manually. No auto update supported.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your help... I will try to manually update it... Let's see if it is simple or not...  

Thanks and regards.  

Antonio
0 Kudos