FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Problems with "FIR Compiler" licensing

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

We have a subscription version of Quartus II and I just renewed my license and has IT install it on the server. I tried to compile my Arria II GX project that has a number of "FIR compiler" cores it only generates a time limited sof. Looking at the "assembler Encrypted IP Cores Summary" it states that FIR_Compiler is OpenCore Plus. Almost like I don't have a license for it. Checking in the Tools->License Setup I only see Fir Compiler II in there not FIR compiler. What is up with this? I know they are obsoleting "FIR compiler" but getting rid of the license option? Is that what happened? 

Thanks 

/Boris
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just verified that my newer license file does NOT contain the feature FIR_Compiler (6AF7 0012) in the ip_base whereas my older license file does.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I got it working. Altera generated me a special license to get it back working. They did remove the "FIR Compiler" feature from the license file. Why I have no clue.  

/Boris
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i think the FIR compiler has obsolete and replaced with FIR compiler II.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes it has, but the real problem was that Altera removed the license feature from the license file and therefore I was not able to compile my older design, even if I used a version of Quartus that supports FIR compiler.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes, the FIR compiler license will be removed when you renew your license. I think you can file a service request to Altera, their licensing team can help you settle this problem.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yep that's what I had to do. However, I think that was a pretty poor solution. It should have been included.

0 Kudos