FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5985 Discussions

Problems with the CVI and CVO Sof-Signals

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I really need help. I have a simple VideoProcessing Modul. I hav a CVI --> ChromaResampler --> CVO, and a Cylone IV E 

I have different clocks for the PixelClock-Input an the PixelClock Output. Both are 74.25MHz but the Input PixelClock is an external Clock, and the Output-Pixel_Clock is an PLL-generatet Pixel-Clock. I need this PLL - Clock because the other clock has Jitter/Wander on it. 

I don't have a NIOS in my System. I connected the sof_input and the sof_input_locked Signal with the output_sof_locked and the outpu_sof-Signal. 

I changed some lines in the control-vhdl-Code in the IP-File. 

In this File "alt_vipcti120_Vid2IS_control" I changed  

Line 143 assign enable = 1'b1; 

Line 113 - 121 

genlock_enable <= 1'b1; 

interrupt_enable <= 2'b00; 

enable_reg <= 1'b1; 

status_update_int_reg <= 1'b0; 

stable_int_reg <= 1'b0; 

sof_sample <= 14'd2194; 

sof_subsample <= 2'd1; 

sof_line <= 13'd1124; 

refclk_divider_value <= 14'd1; 

On the CVO File "alt_vipitc120_IS2Vid_control" 

I changed Line 94 - 99 

if (rst) begin 

genlock_enable_reg <= 2'b1; 

interrupt_enable <= 2'b1; 

enable_reg <= 1'b1; 

status_update_int_reg <= 1'b0; 

genlocked_int_reg <= 1'b0; 

and Line 117 

assign enable = 1'b1; 

This works for about 3 Minutes, in this Time I can see a stable picture, but then I get an CVI-FIFO Overflow and my analyzer can still detect the right Videoformat, but I only get a black picture. After a few Minutes the picture startet to change the colour. 

If I use my Video-Input_pixel-Clock as my VideoOutput_Pixel-Clock I alwys get a stable picture. 

Please tell me, what can I do against this overflow? What can I do to synchonize the Input and the Output without the same Pixel_clock. 

Can anybody help me? 

Thanx Anja
0 Kudos
0 Replies