FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Quartus 15 ALTLVDS_RX MegaWizard Errors

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm trying to create IP ALTLVDS_RX for project with Cyclone V. 

But with defaults parameters MegaWizard says 

Error: Parameter VALID_PHASE_INCLOCK has been assigned the value 0.00 which is incompatible with the current settings of DESERIALIZATION_FACTOR(4), INPUT_DATA_RATE(800), INTENDED_DEVICE_FAMILY(Cyclone V), LE_SERDES(UNDEFINED), LVDS_RX(UNDEFINED), PLL_FREQ(UNDEFINED), USING_FLEXIBLE_LVDS(UNDEFINED). The legal value is 0,00|22,50|45,00|67,50|90,00|112,50|135,00|157,50|180,00|202,50|225,00|247,50|270,00|292,50|315,00|337,50| Error: Parameter VALID_PHASE_RXIN has been assigned the value 0.00 ...  

It gives Error if I check "use external PLL" 

"What is the phase alignment of 'rx_in' with respect to 'rx_inclock' " suggests 0.00 and nothing more. 

I have not found parameters which changes Parameter VALID_PHASE_INCLOCK error . 

How can I solve this problem? Did anybody used ALTLVDS_RX with Quartus 15 and Cyclone V ?
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I tried with Quartus II 15.0.2 on my side, with default settings + enabled "use external PLL", there is no similar error observed. Can you tried with the 15.0.2? Probably they have fixed it during the updates.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've download the last updates. Now I have Quartus II 64-bit Version 15.02 Build 153 07/15/215 SJ Web Edition for Linux. 

And it is what I see when I start MegaWizard for ALTLVDS_RX: 

https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10998  

Checking "Use external PLL" does not affects to the error. 

Empty field and selection list "Currently selected device family" confuses me. Is it OK? may be IP conflicts with device package?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You would need to specify the device family as there might be different set of internal parameters for different device families. If you select Cyclone V + "use external PLL", is the error still exist?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The "Currently selected device family" ComboBox is empty if "Match project/default" is unchecked. 

If I do check/uncheck "Use external PLL" checkbox, error list does not changes.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This seems strange. Can you try by first creating a project and select a device, then only do the instantiation to see if issue still there?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have create new project, select 5CSEBA2U23C8, then start ALTLVDS_RX wizard and I got the same errors. 

The "Currently selected device family" ComboBox is empty. 

I've try Cyclone IV and Cyclone IV GX, and got the same result.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I have create new project, select 5CSEBA2U23C8, then start ALTLVDS_RX wizard and I got the same errors. 

The "Currently selected device family" ComboBox is empty. 

I've try Cyclone IV and Cyclone IV GX, and got the same result. 

--- Quote End ---  

Probably you should file a service request to Altera on this since you have done quite some debugging. If you have a Windows OS, test with Windows Quartus also.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I'm trying to create IP ALTLVDS_RX for project with Cyclone V. 

But with defaults parameters MegaWizard says 

Error: Parameter VALID_PHASE_INCLOCK has been assigned the value 0.00 which is incompatible with the current settings of DESERIALIZATION_FACTOR(4), INPUT_DATA_RATE(800), INTENDED_DEVICE_FAMILY(Cyclone V), LE_SERDES(UNDEFINED), LVDS_RX(UNDEFINED), PLL_FREQ(UNDEFINED), USING_FLEXIBLE_LVDS(UNDEFINED). The legal value is 0,00|22,50|45,00|67,50|90,00|112,50|135,00|157,50|180,00|202,50|225,00|247,50|270,00|292,50|315,00|337,50| Error: Parameter VALID_PHASE_RXIN has been assigned the value 0.00 ...  

--- Quote End ---  

This looks like it might be a locale thing, note that the legal values all have ',' for decimal separator but your (illegal) entry is 0.00. Can you enter 0,00? Or just 0? Or change your locale settings so the default separator is '.'? 

Just a thought... 

-Fred
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

This looks like it might be a locale thing, note that the legal values all have ',' for decimal separator but your (illegal) entry is 0.00. Can you enter 0,00? Or just 0? Or change your locale settings so the default separator is '.'? 

Just a thought... 

-Fred 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, problem with regional numbers interpretation. 

I can not replace 0,00 in GUI, it is in ComboBox with uneditable values. 

I've change locale and error disappeared.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I've change locale and error disappeared. 

--- Quote End ---  

That sounds like a bug that needs to be reported! Not uncommon though, from my limited experience. "Brand-X" tools had the same issue.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

That sounds like a bug that needs to be reported! Not uncommon though, from my limited experience. "Brand-X" tools had the same issue. 

--- Quote End ---  

I've try to report issue. But I am not sure I done this by correct way. I have not found issue report service and post to webmaster@altera.com.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Juzujka, 

I think you should file a service request to Altera to report this issue. Check out the following link to sign up an account to file the service request. Note that you will require a valid company email to sign up the account. 

https://www.altera.com/mal-all/mal-signin.html?resource=%2Fcontent%2Faltera-www%2Fglobal%2Fen_us%2Findex%2Fmyaltera%2Fmal-home.html&$$login$$=%24%24login%24%24
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi Juzujka, 

I think you should file a service request to Altera to report this issue. Check out the following link to sign up an account to file the service request. Note that you will require a valid company email to sign up the account. 

https://www.altera.com/mal-all/mal-signin.html?resource=%2Fcontent%2Faltera-www%2Fglobal%2Fen_us%2Findex%2Fmyaltera%2Fmal-home.html&$$login$$=%24%24login%24%24 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank you, done.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Welcome. Any workaround suggested by Altera on this?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Welcome. Any workaround suggested by Altera on this? 

--- Quote End ---  

No, my request was denied, because of my account level. :-(
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It seems weird to be denied for a valid bug's workaround. Mind share further why it was denied?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you might try your design under 15.1. I've just done that and it fixed nearly all the lvds_rx issues I had for my Cyclone V design. 

Regards 

Phil
0 Kudos