FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6352 Discussions

Quartus II Web Edition and Altera IP

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am using Quartus II Web Edition version 11.1sp1, when I try to use Altera IP I get an error during the compile phase. 

Error (204012): Can't generate netlist output files because the file "D:/Project/Video... ..._cpu.v" is an OpenCore Plus time-limited file 

Error (204009): Can't generate netlist output files because the license for encrypted file "D:/Project/Video... ..._cpu.v" is not available 

The Altera IP are OpenCore Plus, so as long I connect the board to the host computer by using the USB-blaster cable there shouldn't be a license needed. 

Does anyone have an idea what is going wrong? 

Best regards, 

Johan Palmen
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It looks like Quartus is asked to generate a netlist file, but can't because you don't have the license. 

If you just need to compile your project to run it, try to disable all the options that would make Quartus generate a netlist. IIRC you need to go in Assignment > Settings, then go in each subcategory in "EDA Tool Settings" and ensure that "Tool name" is set to "None" in each one of them.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Daixiwen, 

Thank you for the reply, my design compiles now without errors. 

I had ModelSim-Altera still selected as simulation tool. 

Best regards, 

Johan Palmen
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello Johan Palmen, 

Now ,I need to use ModelSim-Altera software,after I have writen testbench,then I also have same question,how can I solve this? 

email:654687366@qq.com,I am looking forword to your early reply,thank you!! 

Best regards, 

Xue J
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

you should follow the same steps as above. If you want to run a simulation, it is advice to run it directly from ModelSim rather using the NativeLink feature. How to run a simulation in ModelSim is described online on various pages. You can find even YouTube videos explaining the needed steps. If you have problems running ModelSim you should open a new thread regarding ModelSim. You opened a 4 years old threat again. 

Cheers, 

fade
0 Kudos