FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

Quartus Prime Pro Error while following Intel FPGA P-Tile Avalon streaming IP for PCI Express Design Example User Guide

Ankit_P_Intel
Employee

I am following this user guide

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/hdr1553631507036.html ; and at section 2.2 step 13 Quartus prime pro 20.1 version fails to generate example design . The error it points to is ---

Error starting the process ([C:/intelfpga_pro/20.1/quartus/sopc_builder/bin/qsys-script, --pro, --script=C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/alt8401_445913643095085809.dir/0001_intel_pcie_ptile_ast_0_gen/pcie_ed.tcl]): Cannot run program "C:\intelfpga_pro\20.1\quartus\sopc_builder\bin\qsys-script" (in directory "C:\Windows\Temp\0001_intel_pcie_ptile_ast_0_gen"): CreateProcess error=267, The directory name is invalid.

can you help me move past this error so i can test out this example design?

I also tried with Quartus Prime Pro version 19.3 and got same error

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

In order to better assist you, could you please share with us the PCIe *.ip file, so that I can get the exact same setting as yours and try to generate the example design. Thanks.

Regards -SK

0 Kudos
Ankit_P_Intel
Employee

Hi, I am unable to attache the file here; but steps are easy to reproduce.

1. open quartus prime pro 20.1 in widows 10.
  2. start new project and select 1SD280PT2F55E2VGS1 device.
  3. From IP catalog choose Intel P-tile avalon-ST for PCI express.
  4. once platform designer opens IP configuration GUI; In example design tab, choose Stratix 10 DX Ptile development kit. (keep all settings to default and ) click on Generate HDL.
  5. Once Generate HDL is finished successfully; click on generate example design.
  6. this is where it fails.

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel
Hi, I'm able to generate the example design from the Linux system, please refer to the attachment for the temporary workaround. Could you please double check if there is any abnormality in your Quartus installation path or project directory (e.g. space, special character  

H

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

For your information, I have also tried to generate the example design in window 10 with Quartus version 20.1, and the example design is able to generate successfully.

Regards -SK

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

If further support is needed in this thread, please post a response within 15 days. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos