FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

Read request to PCIe testbench Root port BFM

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am using the PCIe megacore function testbench to verify my PCIe end point design. I have replaced the Altera end point design with my end point, which has a DMA. I have also replaced the test driver module with my driver module.  

In my design DMA in the end point is master. When it tries to read the shared memory space of Root port BFM (address 00000000) I get an ACK and a completion packet for the request. But the completion packet has unsupported type error(CS field is 001). The read length was 3 double words. 

The standard says unsupported type error is generated if a particular service is not supported, which means the address is not valid or the read request itself is not supported in the root port model.  

Any ideas anyone?? 

Pavan
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm using an altera pcie chaining example, and it's very slow simulation to configure. Could you a little example to use an ep pcie with rp driver for the simulation. 

Many thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all. 

I am stuck with the same issue. 

As anyone managed to perform a read request from the endpoint to the rootpoint memory? 

Thx
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

just browsing and this post caught my eye. it's been a while since i've used this core but i seem to remember that there was a bit that needs to be set in a configuration register that allows the endpoint to initiate a transaction - think it was "bus master" or something like that. I know you say in your original post that the DMA is master, but have you explicitly set the required bit....just a thought ! 

Johnnyman
0 Kudos