FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

SPOC Builder IP cores

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a Terasic de2-70 board and am trying to modify the example code provided by Altera in the Monitor for the DE2-70 Basic Computer. According to the pdf file provided, I first need to install the SOPC Builder IP cores provided at the University Program site. I cannot seem to find these basic cores and was wondering if someone could provide a link to them. 

FYI the task I am trying to undertake simply involves redefining the UART serial port pins from the MAX-232 chip on the board to the GPIO expansion port so that I can get at TTL levels. I could modify the pin assignment file in the Basic Computer verilog directory, but I am not sure that would work without a rebuild. 

Thanks for any assistance that is available. 

Regards, 

Geof
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I would like to apologize for my question to the 200+ people who viewed it. It turns out that the Basic IP cores are built in when Qsys is loaded. I was able to use Qsys to convert the Basic Computer .sopc and then rebuilt it with no problem. I will next try to reassign the pins in question. Next time I will try to have a more relavent question. 

Regards, 

Geof