FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Simulation script generation in quartus II

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

My design consists of multiple Qsys components, and I intend to generate a single .tcl script to compile all the IP components and associated BFMs, and then consolidate the same in my top level simulation script (custom).  

I have quartus prime standard edition 15.1. I don't see the option of generating simulator scripts in the IP upgrade window (no selection box). However, I see (in the Upgrade window and geenrated msim.tcl file) that all a top level simulation script can be generated using the ip-setup-simulation command.  

I tried doing this from the command prompt (I use windows 7). quartus_sh works fine - Which means I have all env set correctly. However, when I use quartus_sh ip-setup_simulation command, I get an error stating that the command is not identified. Can somebody guide me with this?  

Your help would be really appreciated,  

Thanks, 

VK
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, have you had any success? I have seen this done from a Development Board from PLDA and the .tcl script was very long (200+ lines). The script had entries to compile every megafucntion within your design. One would open ModelSim and type "do plda_simulate.tcl" and it would compile the project and run the simulation testbench. I have been running the RTL simulation from Quartus->Tools->Run RTL Simulation Tool but now I'm having a problem with a project where ModelSim says, "Failed to open design unit file in read mode". Turns out that there is a file path error that Quartus generates that I'm unable to fix so I'm looking at doing what you are asking for help on.  

Let me know.  

Thanks, 

Joe
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi,  

My design consists of multiple Qsys components, and I intend to generate a single .tcl script to compile all the IP components and associated BFMs, and then consolidate the same in my top level simulation script (custom).  

I have quartus prime standard edition 15.1. I don't see the option of generating simulator scripts in the IP upgrade window (no selection box). However, I see (in the Upgrade window and geenrated msim.tcl file) that all a top level simulation script can be generated using the ip-setup-simulation command.  

I tried doing this from the command prompt (I use windows 7). quartus_sh works fine - Which means I have all env set correctly. However, when I use quartus_sh ip-setup_simulation command, I get an error stating that the command is not identified. Can somebody guide me with this?  

Your help would be really appreciated,  

Thanks, 

VK 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi VK, 

For your information, seems like starting from Quartus 16.0, you can find the option to generate simulation script for all the IP in your Quartus project. You can generate it by Quartus -> Project -> Upgrade IP Components -> Generate Simulator Script for IP. 

Best Regards, 

bfkstimchan 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos