FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Simulink matrix block using as input before altera blocksets but data not passing .

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am new in altera i am using Simulink matrix block as input to the altera blocksets design but data incompatibility problem arises plz someone suggest what to do?...............:):)

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Matrix are not supported. You need to use single data values.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanx but if i take an image as input of an altera blockset then what we will do?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is there any interface blockset between simulink blocksets and altera blocksets?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

images will have to be streamed into the FPGA 1 pixel at a time and processed somehow - usually in a pixel pipeline.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can you please tell me what is the exact block that is used for interfacing between simulink blockset and altera blockset...........

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

whatever block it is to convert to integer or fixed point type.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In xilinx system generator we use gateway_in and gateway_out block for interfacing between matalab simulink blocks and xilinx blocksets in case of DSP builder what blocksets we will use?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

DSPBuilder doesn't have to follow Xilinx strategy. 

t uses one top level block with device declared inside representing synthesis toplevel. Anything outside is simulink and can be connected directly.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanx but when i am taking image as input and reshaping, unbuffering image and connected it with altera input blockset "one dimensional blockset does not support input this message is coming" in that case what to do??? plz help me

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You have to stream in your image 1 pixel at a time. You cannot input the image as a matrix.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

what input block are you referring to. The blocks GPin/GPout/channelin/channelout are not necessary for ADSP. You can wire simulink data directly but take care of type conversion(convert data to integers, control inputs to boolean...) 

I know once a 2D array was accepted in my design but I am not sure if it was input to block or output generated by a block.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you Kaz...........

0 Kudos