FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Software driver for Compact PCI using PCI compiler megacore

dinhlx
Novice

Hi everybody

I'm researching on project using PCI compiler megacore to communicate between a Linux embedded computer and a FPGA PCB via compact PCI expansion slot of embedded computer. 

I found reference hardware design, documentation about PCI compiler megacore (firmware), but I can't find software driver of computer side.
Is anyone have any idea where  I can download this driver and APIs for communication with FPGA?

Thank!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi there

Unfortunately I am not able to support from FPGA perspective. I will transition this thread to community support. Thanks.

0 Kudos
dinhlx
Novice

Thank EngWei. It's seem that people move to use pcie instead of pci so no one have this driver.

0 Kudos
JHill1
Novice

There is a PCI support library in RTEMS OS, but some stubs for your BSP must be written. For example, we use this library for enumerating a PCI Express system on the Stratix IV root-port, and from a PCI Express switch, a PCI Express over cable link is used to access a compact PCI chassis. My experience is that PCI Express is quite complex and it takes some time to learn it properly.

0 Kudos