FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

TSE without MDIO

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Greetings, 

I have a board with several Vitesse phys, each one of then with 4 ports. All the phys are connected to my Arria II GX through a SMI bus. 

So far I've been able to configure the phys, on NIOS (this will be later done by hardware only), through a custom MDIO module connected to some PIOs. The phys are getting link with the link partner (my PC) and the registers says that the MAC side auto-negotiation is complete and link is up. All fine. 

But when I try to exercise it sending some packets with bittwist from my PC, I see no signal changes on TSE RX pins. 

So, I suppose TSE is not properly initialized, but how can it be done since it does not have MDIO to get information from the phys registers?  

Is there a way to manually configure\initialize the MAC without MDIO at TSE IP core? 

Thank you !!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Is there a way to manually configure\initialize the MAC without MDIO at TSE IP core? 

--- Quote End ---  

MAC Configuration Register Space, chapter 5 of TSE User Guide. :oops: 

Thank you.