FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Transceiver Non Function

JLee25
Novice

Hi all,

I have a very strange problem on the C10 transceiver.

I am doing a SDI Tx project on 10CX105YF780 and I instantiate a reference design.

After validate the function, I copy all the files to build a new one.

Strange thing is this part new work.

Below is the signal of the GXB and PLL.

Looks like  the core is not ready for unknown reason.

Do you have any idea how I could debug this?

JLee25_0-1626525272606.png

Thank you!

BRs,

Bin

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you observe some problem when using the SDI TX. There is no issue when you are running the reference design. However, when you copy some of the design files and build a new project, the TX seems to be not working.

For your information, as I looked at the signaltap screenshot, it seems like there is no activity at the TX side i.e. no PLL lock. I believe either there is no refclk present to the TX PLL or there are some file missing or incorrect path reference after you copy the files.

Since the default reference design is functioning, I think it would be great for you to start customizing from the reference design instead of copying the files just to avoid any missing or incorrect reference.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

0 Kudos
JLee25
Novice

Hi CheePin,

Thank you!

For unknown reason, I noticed some of the ref clock pins direction was unknown in Pin planner.

But those pins were already assign as inputs.

Anyway to get this fixed..

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your update. Just to clarify my understanding that your problem has been resolved. Thank you.

0 Kudos
JLee25
Novice

Hi CP,

Yes, i followed the instructions.

FYI!

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Glad to hear that your problem is resolved. Thank you.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I believe the initial inquiry has been addressed. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos