FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5887 Discussions

UniPHY DDR3 controller for arriaVGz

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I recently generated a DDR3 controller IP core with UniPHY using quartus 14.1. The master side of the core is 256 bits wide (byte enable width is 32) and slave is 64 bits. I have verified the write, read with multiple burstlengths using the same core. But I am currently facing issues with the byte enable functionality of the core. Since the core I generated is for x4 configuration, each byte disabled operation involves a read from the specified location and write back with the requires bytes modified. I am writing 8 consecutive data to the slave followed by 4 consecutive modification with byte enables 0xf0000000, 0x0f000000, 0x00f00000 and 0x000f0000. When reading back from the ddr3 model generated by the tool i am finding the the first two data has been modified as per the byte enable signal given, but the third data has been modified with fourth byte enable signal. 

If I try to do 8 consecutive writes with byte enable the simulation will stop at the 7th write command with the ready signal pulled low (avl_ready) and reading back from the device is not happening. 

I have attached the code i am using and the initialization data for write_data, byte_enable, received data and address. 

Please let me know what the issue is as soon as possible.
0 Kudos
0 Replies