FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5749 Discussions

Why my ddr2 ip don't work in fpga ep4cgx22cf19c8 ?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I download ddr2(micro ddr2 chip mt47h64m16hr) ip core to fpga EP4CGX22CF19C8 and latch the ddr2 pin in bank 3 and bank4 

then i caputure the signal local_wdata local_read local_read_req local_write_req and so on by signatap but all the signal 

in signaltap doesn't change and keep in on the reset_n state WHY DDR2 IP DOWNLOAD TO FPGA IT DON'T WORK? 

my opration as :  

1): I generate the ddr2 ip by the MegaWizard Plu-In Magager of quartusII 10.1 

2): I download the ddr2 ip core contain :ddr2_example_driver and ddr2_example_top block which are generated by MegaWizard Plu-In Magager and simulation ok in simulation modelsim se 6.6c 

3): I compile the ddr2 ip core without -slack path : timing nor probem 

4): I attach the ddr2 ip core pin in bank2,and bank3 with FPGA data sheet . 

5): I generate the ddr2 ip core for FPGA : EP3C25F324C8 and download to fpga and caputure the signal by signaltap THE IP CORE WORK CORRECT; 

THEN I KEEP THE IP SET AND GENERATE DDR2 IP CORE FOR EP4CGX22CF19C8 AND DOWNLOAD BUT THE SIGNALTAP DOSEN'T CATPTURE THE SIGNAL CHANGDE WHY?? 

6): my EP4CGX22CF19C8 fpga in pcb board just connect with ddr2 chip ,osc_clock and power ;it work ok with counter ip pcb is ok. 

WHY MY DDR2 IP DON'T WORK IN FPGA EP4CGX22CF19C8 ?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

--- Quote Start ---  

I download ddr2(micro ddr2 chip mt47h64m16hr) ip core to fpga EP4CGX22CF19C8 and latch the ddr2 pin in bank 3 and bank4 

then i caputure the signal local_wdata local_read local_read_req local_write_req and so on by signatap but all the signal 

in signaltap doesn't change and keep in on the reset_n state WHY DDR2 IP DOWNLOAD TO FPGA IT DON'T WORK? 

my opration as :  

1): I generate the ddr2 ip by the MegaWizard Plu-In Magager of quartusII 10.1 

2): I download the ddr2 ip core contain :ddr2_example_driver and ddr2_example_top block which are generated by MegaWizard Plu-In Magager and simulation ok in simulation modelsim se 6.6c 

3): I compile the ddr2 ip core without -slack path : timing nor probem 

4): I attach the ddr2 ip core pin in bank2,and bank3 with FPGA data sheet . 

5): I generate the ddr2 ip core for FPGA : EP3C25F324C8 and download to fpga and caputure the signal by signaltap THE IP CORE WORK CORRECT; 

THEN I KEEP THE IP SET AND GENERATE DDR2 IP CORE FOR EP4CGX22CF19C8 AND DOWNLOAD BUT THE SIGNALTAP DOSEN'T CATPTURE THE SIGNAL CHANGDE WHY?? 

6): my EP4CGX22CF19C8 fpga in pcb board just connect with ddr2 chip ,osc_clock and power ;it work ok with counter ip pcb is ok. 

WHY MY DDR2 IP DON'T WORK IN FPGA EP4CGX22CF19C8 ? 

--- Quote End ---  

Close the project, then delete both the DB and Increment_db directories. The try it again. 

Some wierd stuff gets in there and you need to clean it out.