FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5916 Discussions

altremote IP usage on cyclone IV E

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I want to use the altremote IP (Altera remote update) on a cyclone IV E system. An FPGA attached SPI flash contains a factory and an application 

image (addresses 0 and 0x80000). 

The factory image boots fine. The design uses a qsys component that has several IPs on the avalon bus. One of these is the altremote IP. 

I can read/write all IPs just fine except the altremote core. I would expect that I can readback the bootaddress from address offset 0x10 

after writing 0x80000 to this reg. But I only get back 0 on every register. 

The altremote IP is configure with "Add support for writing configuration parameters" and "Add support for Avalon Interface". 

What is the problem? Why is read/write to the bootaddress reg not possible? 

The IP userguide mentions fmax=20Mhz for Cyclone IV. What's this fmax? Avalon clock in my case? 

All IP register addresses are 32bit aligned, except the RECONFIG register (0x1d). Is this by intention? So I nee to do a byte access 

to this unaligned address? 

Quartus version is 16.1. 

Regards, 

Matthias
0 Kudos
0 Replies