FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5881 Discussions

built msim_setup.tcl in ip-make-simscrpt. Need procedure to get PLLs in "work" directory. Getting "failed to run ip-make-simscript" invoking modelsim from quartus.

LCard2
Beginner

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you please launch modelsim directly and try(instead of invoking from quartus ).

I have to run -> ip-make-simscript --spd=<directory>/ pll1.spd --output-directory=<directory> --compile-to-work --use-relative-paths from command prompt to generate msim_setup.tcl

and follow the steps given in msim_setup.tcl for simulation.

1. set QSYS_SIMDIR <directory>/pllsim
  2. source $QSYS_SIMDIR/mentor/msim_setup.tcl

Which loads the design without any error.

Reference

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_megafunction_overview...

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/aym1499789502823.html

Regards

Anand

modelsim.JPG

cp.JPG

LCard2
Beginner
Hi, Msim_setup.tcl run, followed instructions. Is …<directory> necessarily directory with top level entity? Do the ip generated files I have (IPpll.v, IPpll_inst.v, and IPpll_0002.v) have to be in project folder or just IPpll.qip? Without invoking ModelSim from Quartus, how doe a woek directory get populated? Len
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Is …<directory> necessarily directory with top level entity

Yes,Refer transcript.

Do the ip generated files I have (IPpll.v, IPpll_inst.v, and IPpll_0002.v) have to be in project folder

yes, i have all IPpll.v, IPpll_0002.v & IPpll.qip.

How doe a woek directory get populated?

Script will take care.

Attached the transcript & images.

Regards

Anand

pllsim.JPG