FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

changing analog parameters using multiple reconfiguration profiles in arria10 native phy

Rk_Athram
New Contributor I

Hi,

I am using A10 dev kit.

i need more information on e Including PMA Analog settings in configuration files.

if i have enabled, 

1) equalization in rx pma tab

2)selected  include pma settings in configuration files

3) In analog pma tab i have given random values for pre emphasis, post emphasis,vga,ctle,dfe.

within a profile profile. (check snapshots)

My query:

1) when i selected profile all the DFE equalization will be applied one after other or 

how it will be changed while i am receiving data.

2)if i select 11 tap DFE, all 13 taps equalization will be effects on incoming signal ?

3)With avmm interface dynamic reconfiguration i can access the particular register and can manually write the value, where i can change value from -63 to 63 (from a10 register map sheet)

so if i include in profile i have to select only one value for Tap ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the PMA analog settings with multi reconfiguration profiles. Sorry as I am not very clear with your specific inquiry. Would you mind to further elaborate?

I notice that you have enabled the embedded reconfiguration streamer. When you reconfigure to a specific profile, all the parameters as shown in the Dynamic Reconfiguration tab -> Configuration Profiles -> IP Parameters will be applied. You can cross check if your targeted PMA analog configuration is captured correct or not by a specific profile by check in the profile comparison table under Configuration Profiles.

Please feel free to let me know if the above does not address your inquiries #1 and #2.

For inquiry #3, please help to further elaborate. Generally if you are writing directly to the register, it will overwrite the existing configuration.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, it has been some time since I last heard from you. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos