FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

eSPI Agent Core, handling of inputs vw_irq0 and vw_irq1?

WFitt
Novice

Hi,

the Intel eSPI Agent Core has two Virtual Wire input groups vw_irq0 and vw_irq1.

If I change the inputs (maybe vw_irq0 from 0x00 to 0x01) the IP core does not signalize this to the host pulling the signal alert# down.

On a GET_VWIRE from the host the eSPI Agent replies with status 0x030F (Virtual Wire TX Queue not available).

If I do the same with the input group ec_to_pch the Agent replies with status 0x34F (

Virtual Wire TX Queue available). Also the signal #alert is pulled down for one cycle by the slave.

So the signals vw_irq0 and vw_irq1 seem not to get handled like other VW signals.

How can I use them?

Regards

Wolfram

0 Kudos
4 Replies
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

please share you eSPI ip configuration details. like bellow attached one

Screenshot 2022-12-30 063238.png

0 Kudos
WFitt
Novice

Hi,

I am using the same configuration for all cases:

WFitt_0-1672649599477.png

Regards

Wolfram

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

may how you are testing this?

if you are testing on modelsim or questasim pls share project file.

or else share how your testing processing.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos