FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

how to generate verilog files from simulink using Altera DSP Builder

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Altera guys; 

I am new to altera DSP builder and I am trying to generate HDL(verilog) files using is. However, if I am not mistaken, SignalCompiler is only capable to generate VHDL files. Is their any other ways out their stating the procedures on how to generate HDL(verilog) files from simulink using Altera DSP Builder? 

Kind regards 

Ryan
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello Altera guys; 

I am new to altera DSP builder and I am trying to generate HDL(verilog) files using is. However, if I am not mistaken, SignalCompiler is only capable to generate VHDL files. Is their any other ways out their stating the procedures on how to generate HDL(verilog) files from simulink using Altera DSP Builder? 

Kind regards 

Ryan 

--- Quote End ---  

quote from Altera doc on dspbuilder: 

DSP Builder generates VHDL and does not generate Verilog HDL. However, after youhave created a Quartus II project, you can use the quartus_map command in theQuartus II software to run a simulation netlist flow that generates files for VerilogHDL simulation. 

I haven't done myself so can't answer further.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello Kaz; 

have you tried converting VHDL to verilog? and if ever, may I know how it was done?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello Kaz; 

have you tried converting VHDL to verilog? and if ever, may I know how it was done? 

--- Quote End ---  

go to assignments/settings/EDA tool settings 

choose modelsim for simulation and verilog then run compilation and you will see files.vo in modesim directory per each corner of timing.
0 Kudos