FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

how to integrate SG-DMA into the PCIe Hard IP core with AVMM interface

rMa1
Beginner

My design is using PCIe Hard IP core with AVMM-DMA interface, but the DMA descriptor length is  limited lower than 128, I want to use 256 or larger than 256,  how should I do?

Modular scatter-gather dma(in platform designer IP catalog) could select larger descriptor length, how to integrate SG-DMA into the PCIe Hard IP core with AVMM interface to resolve this problem, does I need open NIOS II to use the SG-DMA? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

Yes, the descriptor controller supports up to 128 descriptors, and this is unable to change to a larger number. Regarding to the modular SG-DMA, this is not necessary to use NIOS to configure. You can use any of the AVMM interfaces to configure the modular SG-DMA, for example, PCIe BAR.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

Yes, the descriptor controller supports up to 128 descriptors, and this is unable to change to a larger number. Regarding to the modular SG-DMA, this is not necessary to use NIOS to configure. You can use any of the AVMM interfaces to configure the modular SG-DMA, for example, PCIe BAR.

0 Kudos
rMa1
Beginner

Thanks SengKok.

Does there have the example design for PCIe hard core with AVMM interface using external DMA? if yes, I could replace the normal DMA to SGDMA for the fast testing. 

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

I have checked with the team, unfortunately, there is no such example available. Thanks.

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

If further support is needed in this thread, please post a response within 15 days. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos