cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rMa1
Beginner

how to integrate SG-DMA into the PCIe Hard IP core with AVMM interface

Jump to solution

My design is using PCIe Hard IP core with AVMM-DMA interface, but the DMA descriptor length is  limited lower than 128, I want to use 256 or larger than 256,  how should I do?

Modular scatter-gather dma(in platform designer IP catalog) could select larger descriptor length, how to integrate SG-DMA into the PCIe Hard IP core with AVMM interface to resolve this problem, does I need open NIOS II to use the SG-DMA? 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

Yes, the descriptor controller supports up to 128 descriptors, and this is unable to change to a larger number. Regarding to the modular SG-DMA, this is not necessary to use NIOS to configure. You can use any of the AVMM interfaces to configure the modular SG-DMA, for example, PCIe BAR.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

Yes, the descriptor controller supports up to 128 descriptors, and this is unable to change to a larger number. Regarding to the modular SG-DMA, this is not necessary to use NIOS to configure. You can use any of the AVMM interfaces to configure the modular SG-DMA, for example, PCIe BAR.

View solution in original post

rMa1
Beginner

Thanks SengKok.

Does there have the example design for PCIe hard core with AVMM interface using external DMA? if yes, I could replace the normal DMA to SGDMA for the fast testing. 

SengKok_L_Intel

I have checked with the team, unfortunately, there is no such example available. Thanks.

SengKok_L_Intel

If further support is needed in this thread, please post a response within 15 days. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.