FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6404 Discussions

intel_rtile_cxl_top_cxltyp3_ed with out of order support (ooo enabled) Timing issues (23.2)

brian1211
Novice

In building the intel_rtile_cxl_top_cxltyp3_ed with the ooo enabled we get some design assistant failures around the timing, of concern are these:

TMC-20023 - Invalid Set Net Delay Assignment
TMC-20025 - Ignored or Overridden Constraints
TMC-20026 - Empty Collection Due To Unmatched Filter

Are there any updates to the constraints for this design? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

I have checked with the internal team. These DRC messages are expected. The engineering team is still working on cleaning up the sdc constraints in 23.3. The DRC violations should not impact timing, and not cause any functionality problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
brian1211
Novice

Attaching the design results report (renamed from .rpt to log). 

0 Kudos
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

Hi @brian1211 
Is this related to https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Intellectual-Property/CXL-type-3-design-example-Design-Assistant-Errors/m-p/1502466#M27791

These DRC Checks were enabled late in 22.4 onwards. These errors are expected for 23.1 and expected to be fixed by 23.3. DRC violations are not impacting the functionality so far.

0 Kudos
brian1211
Novice

Hi @JonWay_C_Intel ,

Not worried about the DRC checks, it's the 700+ timing constraints from the various *.sdc files that aren't being used that I have issue with.  They are below the DRC checks you mention that have been around for a while, the ones below (#7-9):

TMC-20023 - Invalid Set Net Delay Assignment
TMC-20025 - Ignored or Overridden Constraints
TMC-20026 - Empty Collection Due To Unmatched Filter

Are the new ones that are concerning. 

0 Kudos
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the elaboration. Let me check and get back to you.

0 Kudos
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

I have checked with the internal team. These DRC messages are expected. The engineering team is still working on cleaning up the sdc constraints in 23.3. The DRC violations should not impact timing, and not cause any functionality problem.

0 Kudos