FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5921 Discussions

Arria 10 HPS: Platform Designer Error: Unsupported Device under Linux (Windows works)

KSchi
Beginner

I have a Quartus project for Arria 10 10AS016E4F29E3SG which contains a Platform Designer project with HPS and EMIF for HPS (no other IPs). When running the Quartus software on Linux I get an error from Platform Designer: "unsupported device 10AS016E4F29E3SG"; the system cannot be generated. When I open the same Project on Windows (same Quartus version ((19.3, 19.2 have been tested)) ), there is no error. Why should be a device not supported in Linux development environment but supported on Windows (device Package for Arria10 is installed on each environment)?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

In Linux, can you create a new project that targets that specific device? If not, but you see other Arria 10 devices that can be targeted (or no Arria 10 devices at all), I'd try reinstalling the device package.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
KSchi
Beginner

yes, I can create a new project which targets to my specific device.

(by the way: The design can be generated in qsys and synthesized in Quartus when HPS-IP is not used)

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

This might be a bugs, can you attached your design.qar here?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Any update?

0 Kudos
KSchi
Beginner

sorry for the late answer. Here is a project which contains a hps and emif and throws error when generating design

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

I try to run your design in Q19.3 redhat 7.5. I did not get any failure. I had try to generate the qsys and also run the analysis. Both without any error.

What linux you were using? Also, can you look in assignment -> device. Check whether this device was installed in linux?

0 Kudos
KSchi
Beginner

I am using Linux Mint 18.

The device is installed

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Hi Karl,

We are sorry to inform that Quartus does not support Linux Mint 18.

You may have to install Quartus to the supported OS listed below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/os-support.html

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Hi Karl,

Any update?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
KSchi
Beginner

hello,

We use the Quartus Software in Windows now as we are not able to switch to Redhat Linux (The other system parts run Linux Mint)

Best regards

0 Kudos