FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

DE10 Standard FPGA and HPS

GreenLantern
Novice

Hello,

I am working on the DE10 Standard FPGA board (5CSXFC6D6F31). I am currently going through the DE10 manual and the HPS Technical Reference Manual. In the HPS Technical Reference Manual says (screenshot attached):

"The HPS and FPGA portions of the device have separate external power supplies and independently power on. You can power on the HPS without powering on the FPGA portion of the device. However, to power on the FPGA portion, the HPS must already be on or powered at the same time as the FPGA portion. You can also turn off the FPGA portion of the device while leaving the HPS power on."

My question:

Which portion of the board powers up when we supply power via the given 12V DC power adapter? 

GreenLantern_0-1697048720069.png

Link:

1) Cyclone V HPS Technical Reference Manual

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance. I really appreciate it!

Regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
aikeu
Employee

Hi GreenLantern,

The Power-On Reset circuitry will power on when supplied power via the given 12V DC power adapter.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683375/current/power-on-reset-circuitry.html

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi GreenLantern,

I will close the thread if there is not further question.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi GreenLantern,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos