FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5276 Discussions

Getting uC/Probe working with BeMicro SDK

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm working through the BeMicro SDK tutorial, and I'm at Module 6: Instrument the Design using uC/Probe. I run through the setup in Module 6 with no problem, but at step 6.4, "Press the play button to begin the captures session," nothing happens. 

It isn't clear to me if the uC/Probe play button is supposed to start the program on the board, or if I should start the program from inside Eclipse (and uC/Probe just watches as it executes), or if there is something else that needs to happen to connect everything. Of course, I did try hitting Play in uC/Probe and then running in Eclipse, but nothing happens in uC/Probe. 

I'm probably missing something simple here. What should I be doing to get results to display in uC/Probe?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I found the answer myself. The "Installation Utils & Issues to Avoid" folder had a document named uCProbe Setup - Fix.doc, which said the problem was that Quartus bin wasn't in the path. When I added it to the path, everything worked.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi daloalt, 

May i know where is the path you add. Sorry about that as i can't find any document come with/inside the ucprobe installer. 

If possible, can you upload the Fix.doc as reference, as i really had no idea how to make ucprobe work. 

Thanks.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

A month late, but figured worth noting... 

I had the same issue and I couldn't find the document noted earlier either, but on another thread at: 

http://ez.analog.com/thread/11004 

I found this tidbit: 

“After installation add to the “Path” system variable the entry ”%QUARTUS_ROOTDIR%\bin\“ on the third position in the list”. 

In my case, I just added it to the QUARTUS entry at the of my Path and I was able to get everything to get the uCProbe numeric and scale monitoring of the temp sensor to work in the BeMicro SW lab (lab1.c). 

Hope this helps.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear bbanyan, 

Thanks a lot for you information. Now I'm able to show the result on datascreen. 

It's really helpful. Thanks. 

Jayze ng