FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

Hierarchical partial reconfiguration

iiwan
New Contributor I

I am interested in PR in Arria 10. 

For example, I have 4 same PR regions with 4 same PR personas in each. So can I make 4 PR rbf files somehow, that will i use to reconfig each region separately. After reading base manuals, I understand that I can make 16 rbf files and reconfig or reconfig my PR regions at the same time equally. Any help please, to understand.  In other words, I want to have 4 rbf files and use them independently to rebuild the logic of my 4 PR regions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @iiwan 

Sorry for the late reply. 

Same PR regions - does that mean they are logic lock in the same region? or they are same design/PR partition that placed in different PR region in the chip floorplan? 

I believe you meant the later one. For every personas that you have in the different PR region, you need the same number of rbf files due to they are logic lock in different region in the chip, even though they are the same design technically.

e.g We have two PR region - x and y. x PR region has 2 personas and y PR region has 3 personas. You will need 5 .rbf files in total. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @iiwan 

Sorry for the late reply. 

Same PR regions - does that mean they are logic lock in the same region? or they are same design/PR partition that placed in different PR region in the chip floorplan? 

I believe you meant the later one. For every personas that you have in the different PR region, you need the same number of rbf files due to they are logic lock in different region in the chip, even though they are the same design technically.

e.g We have two PR region - x and y. x PR region has 2 personas and y PR region has 3 personas. You will need 5 .rbf files in total. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos.