FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5919 Discussions

Power failure pointed to this EP4CGX50CF2317N

SOtha1
Beginner

Encountered power failure in field and customer wanted request FA on the faulty device.  Please help to review and provide ERMA #. 

Failed: Field failure (RMA return)

Failure :

SN ACPZ9396---Unable to power up port – DC :1613

SN ACPG6599—Unable on line(Power failure) – DC 1537

MPN : EP4CGX50CF2317N

PN : JNTG-310-053350

Qty for FA : 2 pcs

Supplier : Altera.

Desc: Altera Cyclone EPACGX50CF23I7N FPGA

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Do you suspect any failed pins? If yes, can you listed the pin name here?

Wania

0 Kudos
SOtha1
Beginner

Failed part removed and no specific pin was suspected failing .

The failed board has been isolated, passed after replacement with new EP4CGX50CF2317N. 

Hence, customer want this unit to send back to Intel for further FA.  Please help to share the ERMA #.

0 Kudos
SOtha1
Beginner

Hi Wani,

Any update on this?

We seek your prompt respond here since Juniper is now chasing for the FA result. This failure observed on our RMA board, return from field and wanted to understand the failure root cause.  Please help to look into thus request and provide the ERMA # accordingly. 

0 Kudos
SOtha1
Beginner

Hi Zawani,

Kindly support on this FA request asap. Your prompt support is required for this case. 

0 Kudos
SOtha1
Beginner

Hi Zawani,

Can we know what is the stopper for you to handle this case? We have been waiting for long time. 

If there are any other thing that you need us to provide, please let us know.  We will consult with Juniper for this. 

0 Kudos
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hi ,

The case previously was unavailable due to has been closed by the third party. I re-open back the case and an email has been sent to you to proceed for further step. We will continue the communication through forum email as I required some confidential info.

Wani

0 Kudos