FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5159 Discussions

Problem with MAX 10 Configuration type

ZBien
Beginner

I use Quartus Lite Prime Edition - 18.1.

I want to use Parallel Flash Loader to configure and program an external QSPI memory device for MAX 10 FPGA.

But on the menu: Assignments -> Device -> Device and Pin Options, on Configuration scheme - I only get: Internal Configuration option which is suitable only for internal MAX 10 FLASH memory.

If I change the device type to Cyclone, I do get Active Serial configuration scheme, which is suitable for external QSPI memory device.

But I want to use MAX 10 and I want to use external FLASH memory and not internal FLASH memory.

Please advice.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Zvi,

Before this, please allow me to understand your scenario more clearly. So, in your design, you have a MAX 10 and you would like to program the MAX 10 with external QSPI using PFL IP? Is it so?

If it so, then i would not suggest to do so. MAX10 is a non volatile device and thus, only internal configuration is available as MAX10 can configure itself.

Regards,

YL