FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

Stratix-10 SoC JTAG ID Error Code

ml7
Beginner

I am currently attempting to reflash the GHRD on the Stratix-10 SoC Development board.  When using the .jic supplied by RocketBoards.org, I receive the following error message (attached).  When I look at the JTAG chain, I can see that the Stratix-10 part is listed as a 280H part.  My assumption is that the GHRD is built for an older part, possibly the L-Tile ES.  Though all the documentation I find for the Stratix-10 SoC development board list the part as 1SX280LU2F50E2VGS2.  If I even receate the project from the GIT repo, I get the same part and the same error.  So question is, has anyone else ran into this same issue and do you recall what you had to do to resolve this issue? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Yes, you need to in order to program the board correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

We do not have the image file for H-tile board, what you have is the H-tile version of S10 SoC, you can create your own image by getting first the GHRD from 20.4 SoC EDS, in the installation files inside "example/hardware" the folder name will have htile at the end.

Then you may follow the steps below to create the image, most of the steps are the same, but some may need to readjust accordingly for example the creation of the jic file:

https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/Documentation/BuildingBootloader#Stratix_10_SoC_45_Boot_from_SD_Card

0 Kudos
ml7
Beginner

Thank you for your response.  I am now able to generate the GHRD using the makefile with the QUARTUS_DEVICE ?= 1SX280HU1F50E2VG.  The issue now comes down to the JTAG ID that lists the part as the following:  C322D0DD 1SX280HH1(.|S3)/1SX280HH2/..

So does the flash_loader need to be set to 1sx280hh1?  Does the part ID also have to be set to HH1 in the Quartus project?

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Yes, you need to in order to program the board correctly.

0 Kudos