FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

how to use mcu to remote updata cpld? how to relalize?

卓袁000
Beginner

how to use mcu to remote updata cpld? how to relalize?

0 Kudos
26 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know which CPLD are you refering to? If you are refering to Max 10 device then you can use On-Chip Flash and Remote Update IP which interface with MCU.

0 Kudos
JET60200
New Contributor I

Hello @JohnT_Intel​ ,

I'm very interesting with what you meation that ​" Remote Update IP" , can you share some documents or user guide about this method ? Thanks very much

0 Kudos
卓袁000
Beginner

thank you,I want to use "I2C remote system upgrade example"reference to realize remote upgrade max10(10M02),in the example the FLASH LOADER is using three ip(i2c ip,altremote_update ip,flash ip)?canyou tell me how to realize the FLASH LOADER in the example?thank you.

0 Kudos
卓袁000
Beginner

for free?

NOW i am using Quartus Prime 19.1.0.670(free),can i use the   ​" Remote Update IP

0 Kudos
卓袁000
Beginner

​thank you

cpld:10M02SCE144C8G

NOW i am using Quartus Prime 19.1.0.670(free),can i use the   ​" Remote Update IP "for free?

if i want to use uart to update CPLD,can i use nois ii for fr

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The remote update IP is free but not Nios II IP.

0 Kudos
卓袁000
Beginner

I would like to know whether I can realize" the remote update "using the AN741 reference design in Quartus Prime 19.1.

0.670(free) or not? AN741 reference design  use which  nois ii IP?

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You can use remote upadate IP without any issue but not Nios II IP. So might need to use other interface to communicate with Remote Update IP.

0 Kudos
卓袁000
Beginner

IF I can use the AN741 reference design to realize remote update CPLD(10M02SC) for free

if i can not use nois ii for free? how i can realize? can you give me a reference?

thank you very much.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You might be able to use but with certain limitation. You can only use the Nios II/e version and the limitation below.

Nios II/e[edit]

The Nios II/e core is designed for smallest possible logic utilization of FPGAs. This is especially efficient for low-cost Cyclone II FPGA applications. Features of Nios II/e include:

• Up to 2 GB of external address space
  • JTAG debug module
  • Complete systems in fewer than 700 LEs
  • Optional debug enhancements
  • Up to 256 custom instructions
  • Free, no license required

0 Kudos
卓袁000
Beginner

thank you for your reply. now i want to use exteral QSPI FLASH to

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Is it using CPLD as well? For QSPI Flash, I would recommend you to use Generic Serial Flash Interface IP (https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-gen-sfi.pdf)

0 Kudos
卓袁000
Beginner

​yes,it is using cpld.

the datasheet in generic serial flash interface IP write as“Intel MAX® 10 (For general purpose memory only)”?can i use it realize configure CPLD like configuration FPGA?  thank you

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Unfortunately Max 10 does not support it and you can only used it for general purpose.

0 Kudos
卓袁000
Beginner

​i want  to use mcu to write  .pof to QSPI FLASH,how can i realize to use qspi flash to configure max10 CPLD? can you offer a design to me?thank you very much.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know what is the purpose to write .pof to QSPI? The reason is that you are not able to use the .pof stored in QPSI to configure the Max 10 device.

For the design that does not require Nios, you may also try https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/17.1std.1/Standard/i2c-remote-system-update-example/ design example.

0 Kudos
卓袁000
Beginner

​sorry,i can not type this.i want the document about the design description?is there a pdf?i can not find it.

0 Kudos