FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5231 Discussions

programmer error with Intel S10mx development kit

clair
Novice

Hi,

I tried to program .sof file into Intel S10mx development kit,but failed.

I reboot the PC several times and I try different PC, the errors came up the same .

Error(18952): Error status: Synchronization failed

Error(20068): Configuration error, you must power-cycle the device to recover from this condition. To avoid this error you must ensure that the device is configured within 18 seconds after completion of the power-on sequence.

Error(209012): Operation failed

捕获.PNG

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know if you directly program the fpga after power up the board?

You may also refer to https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base... on resolving the issue.

clair
Novice

Hi, John

I did program the fpga after power up.

The link you mentioned above provide the solution for S10 SX/GX, not for S10mx. And I have tried the  Patch 0.13 Link, and it didn't work.

Thanks.

Best regards

JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

If you look into the KDB, it mention it is happening on ES1 device of Stratix 10 MX device. May I know if you are still seeing the same issue if you immediately program the FPGA after power up?

Impacted Stratix 10 MX variants

• Intel Stratix 10 MX 2100 H-Tile ES1

clair
Novice

Hi,JohnT

I said I have tried the solution, but it did not work. 

Now I can solve the problem by power off the mainboard and restart. However I've been trying to type “reboot” to restart the computer which often failed.

JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know when you performed reboot, is the board configured? The reason is that reboot will not power cycle the FPGA>