FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5151 Discussions

"Can't recognize silicon ID for device 1" use 10AS048H4F34 and EPCQL256

scong4
New Contributor I

Hi

I use a arria10 10AS048H4F34 with a EPCQL256 . I can download a simple program in it and turn on some LEDs by a USB Blaster II. If I write the .pof file to the EPCQL256 by a EEPROM programmer and mount it to the board , the FPGA can work. But if I use JTAG to download the .jic file to the EPCQL256 , it shows a error as below :

"

Error(209025): Can't recognize silicon ID for device 1. A device's silicon ID is different from its JTAG ID. Verify that all cables are securely connected, select a different device, or check the power on the target system. Make sure the device pins are connected and configured correctly. 

"

Some of my settings:

MSEL : 011

Mode : Active Serial x 4

How should I fix the problem ? It looks like my hardware works well .

0 Kudos
1 Solution
scong4
New Contributor I

Yes, it's maybe a third-party device . After I change to a confirmed intel device , I can program the device .

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JLIU45
Novice

Is the EPCQ device the official one from Intel? As I know, some third-party devices cannot be supported by USB Balster, since the device ID is not compatible to Intel.

scong4
New Contributor I

Yes, it's maybe a third-party device . After I change to a confirmed intel device , I can program the device .

Thanks