Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20943 Discussions

2560x1440 on HD 4600

AOdmi
Novice

Good day.

I cannot set display resolution.

My monitor can use 2560x1440 60 Hz:

But there are no such position in resolution list:

25 Replies
AOdmi
Novice

Nom I have not tested that separately.

I installed all updates together (in Windows 10 do another is very hard operation).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello KAPACbwork,

At this point the best recommendation is to test them separately.

In case the issue persist please contact the monitor manufacturer so they can complete the troubleshooting required.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Stephen C.
0 Kudos
QPi
Beginner

I have the same issue as KAPACbwork

The monitor supports 2560x1440 @ 60Hz at it is connected to Intel HD 4600 via DVI-D Dual-Link cable but not working at this resolution on Windows, but works on GNU/Linux. So, it's obviously a software problem.

This works on GNU/Linux (Ubuntu) great at the 2560x1440 @ 60Hz but on Windows 7 with all updates (tried both with and without Intel newest drivers from intel site) it works ONLY in 1920x1080 and it DOES NOT work at 2560x1440 at all, don't even see this resolution in any list.

The same cable, the same monitor, the difference is OS and apparently intel drivers.

HD 4600 was selected by me for buying (as a part of CPU obviously) because it was advertised to support 2560x1440, so keep your promises.

So, the conditions for you to reproduce if you need:

1. Windows 7 up to date.
  2. 2560x1440 monitor
  3. DVI-D Dual-Link connection

Works as expected on GNU/Linux (2560x1440) and doesn't work on Windows with your drivers (1920x1080 max). Please fix it, the user provided a lot of other information already.

--------

1. So, when will you make the working version of Intel graphics Drivers for Intel HD-4600 to support 2560x1440 on Windows 7 via DVI-D Dual-Link?
  2. The first message has label "This question is Assumed Answered". How is it assumed to be answered? You solved nothing, didn't fix anything, nor answered or gave solving advice. Please change it to UNRESOLVED BUG or something similar.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

QueNuu: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Graphics communities. We are sorry to hear the resolution needed is not showing.

Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

/community/tech https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
QPi
Beginner

1) How is it different? I have the same exact issue.

2) How did you solve the issue of this thread?

0 Kudos