Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

6820hq and HD Graphics 530 can't handle 4k 60fps video

DNguy35
Beginner

Hello there,

I've searched for the solution for my case over internet but sadly nothing worked.

I did found a post about Asus zenbook pro Ux501 which has intel 530 and followed the instruction there but it seemed not apllicalbe for my trouble.

So, I hope someone here has the solution for my problem.

I have HP zbook studio g3 with HD graphic 530, Quadro m1000m, 6820hq processor, 16gb of ram, 512 gb ssd nvme. It's good specs i think, but it's weird that I can't play Youtube 4k 60fps video smoothly. It's stuttering on Chrome and nearly unable to play on Firefox with 100% loaded processor and about 20% - 30% loaded GPU in task manager. I did download the foresaid video to test locally but VLC and bult in Player of Windows 10 coundn't handle it well either, very laggy.

I think my machine is capable of playing 4k 60fps (it handles normal 4k well), but for now, it can't.

Please help me on this. I attached here my SSU scan information of my notebook.

Thank you so much in advance!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

according to processor specs with hd 530 specs , 4k @ 60fps must handle . I seen the specification on below site

https://ark.intel.com/products/88970/Intel-Core-i7-6820HQ-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3-60-GHz-

Did you installed the latest customized certified driver for your HP zbook studio g3 . Some times your problems gets happened because mixing of old drivers with generic drivers.

so I would recommend you to both intel and nvidia uninstall current graphics drivers with associated softwares completely by using revo uninstaller software, then restart the windows .

then reinstall the graphics softwares and again restart the windows

I found the you installed graphics drivers are different from certified driver , found in website

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-zbook-studio-g3-mobile-workstation/8934839

0 Kudos