Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Adapter Display Problem

HIbra2
Beginner

Gents,

I have ACER laptop Aspire VN7-571G Intel i7-4510U and I've upgraded the windows to be windows 10 Pro whilst all the drivers and its updates were running well except when it goes to update Display adapter via windows updates, then the monitor goes black and never comes back to work without rolling update to the basic Microsoft driver.

I've tried to install the display drivers from ACER website, I've even tried to use the previous windows version 8.1, but it comes again to the same problem once I try to update Intel Display driver.

As a result, the monitor can never work without Microsoft basic driver.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello HIbra2, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. According to Acer, your computer model has been tested as being suitable to install Windows* 10 Creators Update. Since Intel drivers are generic, we recommend installing the drivers provided by your system manufacturer first. Aspire VN7-571G https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5636?b=1 If you would like to install a generic driver, here is the latest driver for your graphics controller: For Intel® HD Graphics 4400 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40] Version: 15.40.41.5058 (Latest) https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28163/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81497 We supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers can change the features, incorporate customizations, or make other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid potential installation incompatibilities, we recommend that you first check with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software provided.. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
HIbra2
Beginner

Thanks in advance sir for your prompt reply.

I will follow your instructions and will feed you back for any amendments.

Thank you, Sir.

😊 😊

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello HIbra2, If the issue persists, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
HIbra2
Beginner

Sir,

Sorry for belated reply and I've installed Windows* 10 Creators Update with the latest INTEL display adapter 20.19.15.5058 update, but it didn't help.

I've also tried VGA Intel update on ACER website 20.19.15.4483, but it also didn't work.

Additionaly, Windows updated Intel Display to the version: 20.19.15.4549 and the monitor went off again

My monitor suddenly goes off before complete the driver installation.

As a ramification, I can't update my display adapter except using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Honestly I'm completely disappointed.

😥 😥

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello HIbra2, Were you able to perform the steps posted on this thread? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello HIbra2, In order to continue troubleshooting this issue, please provide the following information to take a look at your system configuration: A. You are having issues with the built-in monitor, right?. If you are using an external monitor, please provide the brand/model. B. Please perform a clean installation of the generic graphics driver: 1.Disconnect your unit from the internet. 2.Uninstall both the Intel Graphics driver and the Intel Display audio driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections: -Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method -Uninstalling the Intel® Display Audio Driver or the Intel® HDMI Audio Driver via the Device Manager Method. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html 3.Restart your computer. Go to the device manager and check if Windows installed another version of the graphics driver. If it does, please remove it and restart your computer one more time. Repeat the process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. 4.Once you do, please proceed with the clean install of the latest graphics driver version: 5.Once the latest driver has been installed, you may enable the internet connection again. C. If the issue persists, run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
HIbra2
Beginner

Sir,

Good Morning.

I've followed all of your instructions, and I've installed a fresh copy of the latest integrated Intel Display Driver 15.40.41.5058, Also Installed Intel Display Driver version that is provided by Acer website 20.19.15.4483.

Unfortunately I couldn't get rid from this issue, the screen goes so dark, dim with very low brightness when the windows log in without mouse cursor. I can see a faint pic if I hold a flash light up to screen, but ACER LOGO appears without any problem. I could recognized that INTEL driver are installed successfully only by using light close to the screen as I mentioned previously.

Aside, I tried using windows update to install integrated Intel driver display, then windows update installed Intel 20.19.15.4549, then I've got the same issue.

Sir, The only way to work on my laptop is to roll the integrated INTEL display driver back to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Please see the attached detailed report that has been produced by Intel® System Support Utility:

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello HIbra2, According to the report attached, you are running Windows* 10 - "10.0.15063 Build 15063". Please check Windows* updates, scan and apply all of them. If the operating system is not up to date, these installation errors may occur. The latest Windows* 10 version is Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809). I would like to add that your system also has discrete graphics, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M. Make sure you are following the steps recommended by your system manufacturer to install the drivers in the correct order. We recommend you to use the drivers customized by your computer manufacturer, too. Please let us know if the issue persists after updating Windows*. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello HIbra2, Were you able to review the steps recommended? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
HIbra2
Beginner

Sir,

Good Morning and thanks in advance for your continuous supports and communications.

Sir, pertaining with Windows 10 version 1809: based on ACER recommendation website, my laptop model Aspire VN7-571G is compatible with Windows 10 creators update, that's why I've installed as well as you've mentioned it previously.

I've also tried to update the drivers based on the right sequence orders, but I've just got the same result.

Sir, my laptop was pre-installed with WINDOWS 8.1 from the manufacturer, so the question is:

Do I have to use the same pre-installed windows by using a recovery disk and based on that, I update the drivers? I meant PERHAPS my Intel display adapter compatibles with Windows provided from the manufacturer only and exclusively?? I'm not sure.

or I can replace it with other windows versions that its compatible with the laptop's model?

Because once I've installed another windows until this moment, this display adapter doesn't accept update neither from ACER nor Intel itself.

Aside, I've even tried to install Windows 8.1 too but its different than the edition of windows 8.1 Manufacturer, that My laptop was pre-installed, because the windows 8.1 recovery disks have been lost, then it did't work as well.

All the drivers with Nvidia drivers are working well except with Intel display adapter driver. I assume its not a hardware issue as long as I can see ACER Logo clearly and the monitor works in a good condition with Microsoft basic display adapter. Correct me if I'm on wrong.

Your advice please.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello HIbra2, The existing Windows* 10 graphics drivers for 5th Generation platforms and older (e.g i7-4510U Processor) should be working with Microsoft Windows 10® April update (2018). However, since you are having issues using this operating system version, you can definitely use recovery media provided by your system manufacturer and update the driver. Being unable to install a driver that was customized for your computer on specific operating system version means that there could be an issue you can report to them. Based on the steps performed, we recommend: A. Using recovery media provided by your system manufacturer. B. Contact your system manufacturer for validated / customized drivers. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello HIbra2, Were you able to contact your system manufacturer for more information about customized drivers available for your system? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos