Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Bug report for build 7158 driver causing artifacts in Win 10 Pro 1903.

odin
Beginner

Please see filled out template.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Are you a laptop or desktop?

Doc

0 Kudos
odin
Beginner

LG Gram 17 notebook. There's a lot of detail in the attached report, suggested reading before questions.

Reinstalling build 7000 fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Glad you have it fixed. In the future, contact LG for assistance, as they are responsible for your support and warranty. And, use ONLY the drivers provided by LG, not the Intel generic drivers.

Doc

0 Kudos
odin
Beginner

I've always used the generic driver on my notebooks, this is the first time I've ever seen an issue so I thought I'd report it. The past revisions since I've had this unit have also all worked fine. It's nice to have the updated features, bug fixes and performance.

If Intel can use this to determine the issue all the better.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You have been lucky. The manufacturer's drivers are typically modified to take advantage of the laptop/notebook hardware. This is especially the case when you have dual graphics, where the modifications are required to handle the switching between the graphics. Yes, it is nice to have the updated features and such. But, it is a failure of your manufacturer to not provide you with the properly updated drivers. You paid for their support, and they are not providing it.

Doc

0 Kudos
odin
Beginner

I don't have dual graphics. I know the party line, but I've been doing this since '78. 🙂

0 Kudos
odin
Beginner
0 Kudos
odin
Beginner

Thanks for fixing this issue in the latest 7212 drivers!

I suspect it's this fixed issue from the release notes, even though it was a little more widespread than just these two aspects for me..

• Minor graphical anomalies may be observed when opening Microsoft Store or Windows 10 start menu. 

These drivers are working fantastic for me.

0 Kudos
odin
Beginner

Just wanted to say i'm STOKED that you guys are officially supporting installing driver updates on all hardware. Thank you for doing that.

0 Kudos