Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Bug with latest and previous Intel UHD 630 driver

MichaelWeaser
Beginner

The specifications of my computer, are an Asrock deskmini 310 with an intel core i7-9700 and 16Gb of ram.

If the 27.20.100.9168 version of the UHD 630 driver, or the previous version of the driver 27.20.100.9126 , both of these drivers cause the display to completely freeze or my computer will reboot itself , and this issue started with the 27.20.100.9126 driver.  Usually the computer freezes up , whenever a video is being played in any browser, and it also randomly freezes up if a video isn't played, but freezes happen more often if a video in a browser is being played. 

The issue completely stops if I use the default driver that microsoft provides 27.20.100.8783 , or if I use 27.20.100.9079 which is the drive previous to 27.20.100.9126. 

5 Replies
Dense
Novice

I have the same problem with my Intel UHD 620 with newer drivers i get 1fps per second using directx 11 and an unstable 30 fps in directx 12

with default drivers i get way better performance but then i don't get the sane support i would have with newer drivers.

I do remember having a sweet spot for new intel drivers that would give me the best of both worlds but i don't remember what driver version that was sadly.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello MichaelWeaser,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

I noticed that you are using a third-party system from ASRock*.

There are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The generic drivers are provided to all the manufacturers so they can customize the driver and make it work with their systems.

The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer or through Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-custom drivers.

Since we cannot guarantee that the generic driver will work properly on all the systems, please try with the OEM driver and let us know the outcome:

Clean installation steps:

1. Download the latest Graphics Driver from ASRock*, version: 26.20.100.6911 https://www.asrock.com/Nettop/Intel/DeskMini%20310%20Series/index.asp#Download
  2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 
  3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Driver from Apps and Features.
  4. Restart the computer.
  5. Go to the Device Manager > Video Adapters and check if the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point, we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 
    5.1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'
    5.2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
    5.3. Click on 'Uninstall'
    5.4. Restart. (Repeat steps 5.1 through 5.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') Note: Repeat this process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
  6. Install the previously downloaded Graphics Driver from ASRock*
  7. Reconnect the Internet and reboot your PC.

We highly suggest contacting the manufacturer, so they can guide you properly and may have a new customized driver you can test.

Please let us know the outcome.

@Dense , 

We highly recommend opening a new thread if you are not using the same specific system as the original thread owner, so we can provide you with specific steps for your specific system.  

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Maria_R_Intel

Hello MichaelWeaser,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
MichaelWeaser
Beginner

Everything worked out, I have been using the graphics driver that Microsoft provided that downloads from windows update .

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello MichaelWeaser,

Thank you for let us know!

Now that your issue was solved we will proceed to close this thread.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos