Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Cancel keyboard shortcuts in Intel Arc Support

gecko9
Beginner

Intel Arc Support has some keyboard shortcuts that I want to disable, as I need the same ones for MS Word (Alt+I, Alt+O).  Can this be done?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @gecko9

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Intel Arc control, we will do our best to help you.  In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information:  

• When did the issue start? Were there any recent changes?  
  • What is the model of your graphics card?

Regards,  

Carlos L.   

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
gecko9
Beginner

If you look at the image I provided, it shows the active keyboard shortcuts -- can those be disabled?

Please see attached screenshot in this message for software/driver info.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @gecko9

Thank you for the image. I understand you are referring to the keyboard shortcuts, however I need more information to help you and, provide you with more information:

• Download and install the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response. 

Regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello gecko9,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello gecko9,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
AM30
Beginner

Will we ever receive a substantive answer to our question?

0 Kudos
jerryatric
Beginner

I made an account to post here. This is appalling customer service on an extremely rational and clearly stated question. I would appreciate some non-canned responses from staff members here to comment on this issue because the OP was completely ignored and the issue was closed. In what universe would you need the Support Utility for this issue? 

- The OP wants to disable shortcuts from Arc

- OP provided an image of the shortcuts in reference

- Shortcuts do not appear to be changeable

This has nothing to do with their computer or their installation of Intel Arc, it has to do with Intel Arc's design. 

This is not an isolated case either. See: https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/yexqqx/intel_arc_control_global_hotkeys_not_changeable/

Please look into this. It should not be too difficult for Intel to add or adjust this.

gecko9
Beginner

I agree totally.  It's completely ridiculous to ask a user to install yet another software, when they can tell you right away if those keyboard shortcuts in Intel Arc Control are changeable or not.  They should know their own software and give a straightforward answer.  It's not like they have many so versions of the Intel Arc Control software, from which some have customizable shortcuts and others don't.  They appear to be fixed -- a la Microsoft:  "We'll tell you what you need and when you need it"....... I need my keyboard shortcuts, so I just don't run the software. 

0 Kudos