Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Distortions and missing letters in Firefox with Intel UHD Graphics 750

a135
Beginner

Description of the problem:

There are some distortions that show up on some Firefox windows, for example on the profile selection window.

The distortions/artifacts in this particular case look like yellow rays starting at the top-left corner of the window. Some letters are missing.

The distortions show up only when I hover over the buttons and other elements of the UI with the mouse pointer. Sometimes a black rectangle covers one of the text labels.

This is a fresh installation of Windows 10, and a newly built PC.

I've tried the following:

• updating the graphics driver
  • uninstalling the graphics driver and reinstalling it
  • installing the driver using Intel DSA as well as selecting it manually
  • reinstalling Windows
  • updating BIOS

Additional Information:

There are also problems with a game (The Lord of the Rings Online) and video playback on YouTube, but they're more difficult to reproduce.

LOTRO is a game that ran decently on my old laptop, with Intel i5, 2nd gen and Nvidia GeForce GT 520MX. The game recommended High settings for that computer. What has me worried is that on this new computer, the game recommends Low settings for the hardware it detects.

So, when run on High settings, the game has crashed on me several times now, which has never happened on the old laptop.

Also, when playing the game and watching YouTube videos in the background, the videos sometimes stop (with sound still playing). One time, just before the game crashed, green rectangles and stripes covered the video.

I'm just adding the details in case they can help somehow, I might investigate it further.

As I said, this is a newly built computer, the problem doesn't make it unusable, but I'm worried there might be more problems down the line. I don't know if this is a faulty processor or some other part of the system, or a driver issue.

Hardware:

ASRock H560M-HDV
Intel Core i5-11500

Software:

Firefox 88.0.1
Windows 10 Education 10.0.19043

Steps to replicate the issue:

1. Open Start Menu
  2. Search 'run'
  3. Press enter
  4. In the input box, type 'firefox.exe -p' and click 'OK'
  5. Move the mouse cursor over any button, (I also noticed there's a different outcome, depending if the mouse moves over the window from the bottom or top, left and right - the worst distortions show up when moving from the bottom).
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @a135

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand you have opened a Web Ticket with us and we will continue to help you through that channel now. We will therefore close this community case. Thank you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos