Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

Downloaded drivers do not match date

BEste2
Beginner

Hi,

I have a Lenovo T420 which has a 2nd Gen Intel 3000 gfx chip in it. Intel keeps telling me via its auto driver update utility that my drivers are out of date. So I download the recommended driver which is dated 4th of October, but once I click to install the driver the date of the included driver is march 28th but the version is said to be 15.28.22.64.3517.

So I am confused, where is this new driver or are the dates tagged to the drivers wrong? Ive been having problems with wireless sharing on my notebook since switching to windows 8.1 and hoping this would help the situation.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Daikonran

Is the driver auto update utility an Intel application or is it possible that it is the Lenovo driver update utility?

The latest driver for Intel HD300 graphics is https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23764 15.28.22.64.3517. This is generic Intel HD Graphics driver and will not have any of the customizations on thehttp://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t420 Lenovo supplied driver for the t420.

I am not sure why you are seeing discrepancy in the dates of the drivers however, the generic driver listed above is the latest we have on Intel Download Center.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
BEste2
Beginner

Hi Robert,

Thanx for the quick reply. I use the Intel auto update utility and downloaded the exact same driver that you linked above, but once you click past the first two steps and it lists the drivers release date, you will see that it says there March 28th. I install that driver and when I check again intel says I should still update...When i check the driver installed in device manager it says I have 9.17.10.3517 installed. So idk what this means exactly...

0 Kudos