Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Enable HDMI scaling

BDC
Beginner

Hi,

I have just built a PC with an Intel i5-12400 processor providing UHD730 graphics on an ASUS Prime B660 Plus motherboard.   The monitor is an ASUS VC239.     Unfortunately the presentation on the monitor when using HDMI is slightly oversized.   The Windows 10 task bar is cut off at the bottom and the Start menu items are clipped on the left.  The monitor does not offer a means to scale HDMI and I cannot locate the facility within the Intel supplied software.   The Intel Driver and Support Assistant reports all drivers as up to date.

Is there a solution that I am missing ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nees
Novice

HDMI should never overscan, its your monitor.

Normally you should find an option called Overscan. with a setting 1:1

When I check your monitor, it has that option.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nees
Novice

HDMI should never overscan, its your monitor.

Normally you should find an option called Overscan. with a setting 1:1

When I check your monitor, it has that option.

0 Kudos
BDC
Beginner

Thanks for the pointer.   Image / Aspect control has   Full,   4:3  and Overscan when the display input is connected by hdmi.    Full gives the correct presentation on screen

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello BDC,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We're glad to know the information provided by the community helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. 

Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos