Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

GMA 3600 BSOD on boot, Windows 7 32-bit

Aeronite
Beginner

Driver version: 8.0.4.1.1096 from Intel website.

Experiencing a strange problem. I am aware that there is no official support for Windows 8 nor Windows 10 for 3600. But I am currently trying to install the driver on a new Windows 7 32-bit installation. And I get the BSOD as if it's on Windows 8/10.

As a result, the computer is stuck with a generic display driver which only provides a 800x600 screen resolution.

I will add here the exact error code later, but it seems to be Video TDR Failure when I last looked it up.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Support for Windows 7 is long past EOL. Intel does not support EOL versions of Windows. AFAIK, the graphics driver is frozen and Intel is not actively supporting it.

Ok, that said, the question I have is: What state is your Windows 7 installation in?

If this is an existing build that is suddenly having this issue, then I would suggest that you look into whether you have a hardware issue. A common problem with older systems is a memory failure.

If this is a new build, have you downloaded and installed all updates yet? I recommend that you do so before proceeding with any Intel driver updates other than what is necessary to do the updating. Secondly, the first Intel package that should be installed should be the Chipset Device Software (a.k.a. INF Update) package.

...S

0 Kudos
Aeronite
Beginner

Hi. Thank you for bringing up the chipset drivers. I have since installed all necessary chipset software. All Windows updates have also been installed. 

However, installing the GMA 3600 driver still prevents the computer from booting into Windows. I get a blank black screen that persists until I shut down the computer. Also, the computer is a netbook: Toshiba NB520 to be exact.

To boot into Windows again, I have to uninstall the driver in Safe Mode.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Aeronite

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We hope that the assistance provided by the community has been helpful.

Also, we would like to inform you that due to the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 Series has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

Note: You might need to search for the proper Product Category and click on its "Show more" link if the product is not visible in the top rows.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos